Every fundraiser, whether small or large, helps move us closer to treatments and a cure for NPD. Please consider what you, with the help of your family and friends, might be able to do to help advance our Quest for a Cure! We thank you for your support!
The Canadian Chapter of the National Niemann-Pick Disease Foundation (CCNNPDF) is a sister chapter to the National Niemann-Pick Disease Foundation (NNPDF) (U.S.) and receives administrative support from the NNPDF. Money raised through the CCNNPDF is invested in Niemann-Pick Disease research through the NNPDF's research program with guidance from the NNPDF's Scientific Advisory Board (SAB), Board of Directors, and Research Committee. This partnership helps eliminate redundancy and maximizes the impact of our research dollars. (Tammy Vaughan, chair of the CCNNPDF, serves as secretary of the NNPDF, and is on the NNPDF's Research Committee.)
CCNNPDF/NNPDF receives financial support for its family services and research programs from individuals, families, and organizations that conduct fundraisers on behalf of the foundation. We are very grateful for this support. We encourage families to develop and conduct fundraising initiatives on behalf of NNPDF and we provide comprehensive guidance to help you get started. We also have NPD Awareness Items available for family fundraisers.
Here are some of the support options the NNPDF has available for those wanting to fundraise on behalf of the NNPDF.
- NNPDF Fundraising Services Plan - The NNPDF Fundraising Services Plan outlines how the foundation and our Central Office staff are able to support you further in your efforts.
- Upcoming Events Page - The NNPDF can publish your flier and event information across the NNPDF and CCNNPDF websites to help get exposure within the community. We also post it on our Fundraising and NPD Awareness section, which also goes to all our social medias.
- NPD Awareness Items - So many items available for your fundraising projects to help raise awareness and funds. These include Wristbands, T-Shirts, Jewelry and educational materials.
- Sample of a press release - This can customized and used to publicize your upcoming event. If you need assistance writing a press release for a fundraising or awareness event, please complete this press release information form and return it to the NNPDF Central Office.
- Guide to Getting Media Coverage Use this guide for more help publicizing your event, including advice on writing press releases, letters to the editor, producing public service announcements, requesting proclamations, etc.
- More information about other family fundraising initiatives
- October as National Niemann-Pick Disease Awareness Month
If you are planning an event, please contact the NNPDF Central Offices and let us know how we can help raise awareness of the fundraiser across our web and social media sites.
[Sept 21st , 2015 ~ blg]